2 week notice on FMLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,

If I have a stated 9/1 FMLA return date is it possible to put in my 2 week notice 8/18? Or must I actually return?

The reason we have email notifications is to make sure people can get them to follow up questions. I'm not sure what you mean by 2-week notice. Does this mean that you want to give 2 weeks notice to terminate your employment prior to returning to work and thus collect your FMLA benefits while being off from work and not having to return to work? In addition, do you have a work agreement or employment contract? A company handbook that defines protocols for termination?

Seems to me I already answered this.

If it is your intent not to return to work after FMLA, then you are not only free to, but encouraged to, notify the employer as soon as you are certain. Nothing in the FMLA statute compels you to return simply for the sake of returning.

You did already answer it. I remember & then there was another thread with the same question & I noted duplicate on it/answered elsewhere & closed it - must have posted even again. OP isn't going to get a different answer if that is what OP is looking for. Your answer, of course, is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back