2 Misdemeanors and 4 Summary Charges-Traffic Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyMarie

I have been charged with 2 misdemeanors (M2 and M3) and 4 summary charges including reckless driving.

It took the police 2 months to send me the summons and make their decision to charge me. I never got cited but the other driver did. I have a CDL license and make a living with it. Even with camera evidence and I am still innocent, it seems that there is a witness and my testimony might not hold up. I have no criminal background and I have NEVER been in an accident in the 23 some years I have been driving.

The ARD program might be an option but I am concerned about the summary charges. I might have my license suspended under ARD for a while but there is conflicting information in regards to the summary charges. I have heard that in order to do ARD, I have to plea guilty to the summary charges, but, I have also heard that the summary charges will be dropped. Well, if I have to plead guilty to the summary charges, that makes no sense when the summary charge of reckless driving in PA constitutes loss of license for 6 months, fines and possible never getting my CDL reinstated so I can make a living TO PAY THE FINES.

The preliminary hearing is on July 5th.

Can someone please help me with understanding which is right and wrong?

I have been charged with 2 misdemeanors (M2 and M3) and 4 summary charges including reckless driving.

It took the police 2 months to send me the summons and make their decision to charge me. I never got cited but the other driver did. I have a CDL license and make a living with it. Even with camera evidence and I am still innocent, it seems that there is a witness and my testimony might not hold up. I have no criminal background and I have NEVER been in an accident in the 23 some years I have been driving.

The ARD program might be an option but I am concerned about the summary charges. I might have my license suspended under ARD for a while but there is conflicting information in regards to the summary charges. I have heard that in order to do ARD, I have to plea guilty to the summary charges, but, I have also heard that the summary charges will be dropped. Well, if I have to plead guilty to the summary charges, that makes no sense when the summary charge of reckless driving in PA constitutes loss of license for 6 months, fines and possible never getting my CDL reinstated so I can make a living TO PAY THE FINES.

The preliminary hearing is on July 5th.

Can someone please help me with understanding which is right and wrong?

If you have a commercial license, it won't be easy to get an alternative sentencing (assuming you are convicted).

You require an attorney.

This is your livelihood.

Find an attorney.

If you don't have one by your court appearance, ask for more time to hire a lawyer.

Don't expect to get more than an additional two weeks or so.

Get busy and hire yourself lawyer, or you'll find yourself without a license and a very large fine!

Hiring an attorney is in the works. I was just asking if the attorney suggests ARD and I accept, does that mean I also have to plead guilty for the summary charges? I was also told that no, when ARD is considered the summary charges are dropped.

I am confused and wanted to know the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back