Criminal Law 2 Misdemeanors + 1 Green Card Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

usofa

Hello,

Please help, the situation is as follows:

Came to USA when I was 7 years old- no family left in original country. Parents are naturalized citizens.

Currently 31 yrs old.

In 12/4/03 I received a DUI- plead no lo contendere (guilty) convicted 5/4/04
In 3/21/4 I was arrested for driving without a license - I was under the impression that my lawyer had applied for a "hardship" license and that I could drive to/from work. Then I got arrested for this as well- my lawyer bundled both items and was convicted on 5/4/04 for this as well.

No jail time was served/ 6 months probation and the minimal fine was imposed.

Question 1: I was in proceedings to apply for my citizenship, which was subsequently denied because they said these arrests showed "moral turpitude". Now my green card expired and I have applied for renewal. Will the above mentioned arrests affect my renewing my green card?

Question 2: I called the immigration hotline and presented my situation to them, they told me that the arrests only affected my ctzship appl, but it should not affect my green card. But based on all the posts I'm reading, i'm really terrified. If the immigration hotline 800 number people told me not to worry about, should I assume I don't need a lawyer?

Question 3. I applied online for the green card renewal, and was told that these go directly to California for processing. I live in Florida. Where is the actual approval/denial decision made? Is it made by the Immigration officer at the time of my biometrics appointment or by the people that have my appl in California.

Any assistance you can provide on this matter, will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Can anyone assist me with my questions please?? Thank you so much for any a help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back