Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 2 Minor in Possessions, same night

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPrice681

I live in College Station, TX and the other night i got 2 MIPs from seperate police departments.

The first one occured at my apartments, i was with 2 friends and we had beer at our pool. 2 cops on bicycles came in the pool and gave us all tickets for MIP. The cops said that the alcohol was in our reach... what is the best way to handle this?

about 3 hours later in the same apartment, i walked out onto my friends porch and a Texas A&M University Police officer walked and gave me another ticket for MIP and said he was there for a noise complaint yet didnt even knock on the door nor mentioned the noise complaint after issuing my ticket..
I also had told him i already recieved a MIP earlier but of course he just said "I hadn't learned my lesson" i know its stupid of me to walk outside with a beer but i just wasnt using my head. im not sure if i can really do anything about that ticket since i was "holding" the beer..any help?

Im also wondering since they are from 2 different police departments if it will be seperate offenses? or will it be my first and 2nd offense? sencondly I dont even goto Texas A&M nor live on campus, yet i got the ticket from university police? if anyone one has any knowledge or help on this problem of mine it will be greatly taken...

Where was this apartment that you got a ticket form the University Police? Was it on campus? If it was then you are in their jurisdiction just as you would be for a city policeman.

off campus

i live off campus but supposedly whatever counties the school lies in they have jurisdiction of that whole county...im not not sure if this is a fact though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back