2 legal judgements demanding huge payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonArrow

I have 2 legal judgements that are valid debt. On April 18, 2008 the law firm handling the collections went in and cleaned out both my bank accounts with no warning, and then attached a writ of garnishment to my wages. The oringinal debts were 13,000.00 and 8000.00 both credit cards. The $13,000. has 25 percent interent and is now over 20,000.00. The other a 9% interest rate and is now $16,000.00. Being terrified and surprized they could do that, I worked out a payment plan and have adheared to it until this month. They are demanding $700 on one and $500. on the other per month and I just cant do it. I almost went into forclosure on my home twice now trying to keep this up. I called them and asked could I please lower it $500 and $300 for a few months while I try to catch up and they said no way. What can I do?
Thank you

Last edited:
File Bankruptcy, They want the $$ and they more then likely wont stop till they either get the $$ or until they get notice you are bankrupt

Thank you very much, I had been told a legal judgement could not be discharged by bankruptcy. I appreciate your advice very much and am looking into that now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back