2 DUI's in 2 different counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyKitty

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello.

A good friend of mine received 2 DUI's in 2 different counties can they be combined or get combined??

Ok...it's still not clear what you're talking about. What does "rolled into 1 - Joined together" mean?

Your friend is obviously accused of committing two separate crimes. There's no way to turn those two alleged crimes into one simply because both alleged crimes are of the same type.

Imagine if, instead of DUIs, we were talking about murders -- i.e., your friend was alleged to have murdered two different persons in different counties. Do you think those two alleged murders would be "rolled into 1" or "joined together"?

Ok...it's still not clear what you're talking about. What does "rolled into 1 - Joined together" mean?

Your friend is obviously accused of committing two separate crimes. There's no way to turn those two alleged crimes into one simply because both alleged crimes are of the same type.

Imagine if, instead of DUIs, we were talking about murders -- i.e., your friend was alleged to have murdered two different persons in different counties. Do you think those two alleged murders would be "rolled into 1" or "joined together"?

Thank you for your time and response. I'm only asking a question and I'm talking about 2 DUI's not murder. And if you don't know the meaning of combine: Unite, merge.

Thank you for your time and response. I'm only asking a question and I'm talking about 2 DUI's not murder. And if you don't know the meaning of combine: Unite, merge.

What you are asking is likely not possible.

It is not clear whether you are asking to "combine" them in order to have both cases heard at the same time in one court, or whether you mean to "combine" them as if it was a single incident.

Regardless, it won't happen. You have two different incidents in two different jurisdictions and they will be heard separately.

I'm only asking a question

As opposed to?

I'm talking about 2 DUI's not murder.

I'm aware, but the point remains that two separate (alleged) crimes are two separate crimes no matter what the crime is.

And if you don't know the meaning of combine: Unite, merge.

I'm aware of what all the words you've used mean, but in this context, the notion of "combining" or "joining" completely unrelated crimes makes no sense, so it's impossible to discern what you're talking about.

It is not clear whether you are asking to "combine" them in order to have both cases heard at the same time in one court, or whether you mean to "combine" them as if it was a single incident.

Regardless, it won't happen. You have two different incidents in two different jurisdictions and they will be heard separately.

Thank you for your response and I understand. I will be talking to my friend later so I will clear up what his meaning of "combine" means. I greatly appreciate your help in this matter. If he or I have any further questions can I email you??

. If he or I have any further questions can I email you??

Our responders don't share their private email addresses.

It is in the best interests of your friend to discuss these two incidents ONLY with his lawyer.

If he has two lawyers, or will soon have two lawyers, he should be asking his lawyers questions.

Thank you for your response and I understand. I will be talking to my friend later so I will clear up what his meaning of "combine" means. I greatly appreciate your help in this matter. If he or I have any further questions can I email you??

Mightymoose....Him meaning of "combine" is to have both cases heard at one time as well as have the 2 incidents joined as one to do less time.
Thank you for all your help.

Mightymoose....Him meaning of "combine" is to have both cases heard at one time as well as have the 2 incidents joined as one to do less time.
Thank you for all your help.

Zero chance. It won't happen. He will have two separate cases at two different courts. That is just the way it works.
The time to worry about the consequences is before committing the offense. Your friend will have some difficult times ahead. It takes years to overcome the consequences of a couple DUI's.

Hello.

A good friend of mine received 2 DUI's in 2 different counties can they be combined or get combined??

Absent very unusual facts those cases will be tried separately since they took place in separate jurisdictions of the state. Depending on the details it might benefit him to have one case get tried before the other, though.

And he really needs to do something about the drinking. Getting two DUI arrests in short order is an indicator of a problem. The next time out he may injure or kill someone (including himself) and the consequences would be much, much worse.

I don't know who the dope is here, you or your friend,

Either way, he needs an attorney (or maybe two), not you asking silly, meaningless questions on an Internet forum.

Thank you for your insulting response. I was under the impression this was an open forum for law advice not name calling. And I was always taught any questions asked are not silly or meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back