2 C Felony Intimidation Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

vortex360

Some teenagers were shooed away by me after littering on my yard. They came back with several people who came to my front door and started banging on it very hard. I immediately called 911 and told them some unknown individuals were at my door banging on it very hard. I peered out my peep hole on my front door to see five or six individuals walking back to one of about 5 vehicles that were outside my house. I retrieved my shotgun from my closet and resumed to peer out the peephole at the individuals outside my house. The whole time I was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. As I continued to peer out the the peephole, the same party of people with an additional two individuals started to come back to my front door. As soon as the were on my front doorstep, I threw open the door and told them to get the Hell off of my property. At the time I was holding the gun at my side and it was not pointed at anybody. The screen door was closed the whole time. These individuals evedently saw the weapon and decided to vacate my property to a mass of people that they had assembled in the street through the use of cellphones that they had. I complained to the dispatcher that the police were still not there and they assured me that they were close by and would soon be there. I went back and put my weapon back in the closet. Soon after I saw a police car and advised the dispatcher that I would be going out to meet them. I went outside unarmed when an officer pointed his weapon at me and advised me to put my hands up and turn around. I did as asked and was handcuffed with my hands behind my back. The officer said, "where is your gun?", at which time I told him it was in my house. He told me to show him where it was and I was lead handcuffed into my house. I was able to throw the lightswitch in the hallway to light the area where my closet is. I told the officer it was in the closet, and with that said he opened the door and retieved my weapon. It was after all of this that I was read my rights and voluntarily gave a statement truthfully stating that what had happened. I was arrested for intimidation after the mob of some 20 people, at least one of them had a baseball bat, had told the officers lies that I had come out of the house with the weapon and that I had chased the teens who had littered down the street with the gun. I believe that the officers who did the investigation should have taken the time to aquire a warrant to search the house prior to going in and retrieving it. Am I correct in this assumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back