Domestic Violence & Civil Orders 1st offense misdemeanor family violence charge and is on parole

Deionlynn

My boyfriend is charged with a 1st offense misdemeanor battery family violence charge. He's already on parole and he's never had this type of charge. There was an altercation and I was 6mths pregnant and he hit me where I sustained a black eye. He was thrown in jail and his parole officer was notified but his parole officer let him out being it was a misdemeanor. But then his parole officer came back a month later and put a parole hold on him. He served 3mths in jail note he has to go in front of the parole board. He didn't sign a waiver since it's his 1st offense.

My boyfriend is charged with a 1st offense misdemeanor battery family violence charge. He's already on parole and he's never had this type of charge. There was an altercation and I was 6mths pregnant and he hit me where I sustained a black eye. He was thrown in jail and his parole officer was notified but his parole officer let him out being it was a misdemeanor. But then his parole officer came back a month later and put a parole hold on him. He served 3mths in jail note he has to go in front of the parole board. He didn't sign a waiver since it's his 1st offense.

Yes, when a person is on parole even a traffic ticket can cause them great grief.
Every parolee is given a set of rules and standards to which they are expected to adhere.
Thumping anyone, much less your pregnant spouse or girlfriend, is going to cause that parolee great trouble.
He made his bed, and now he must deal with the consequences of his temper.

Be forewarned, he could be revoked and returned to prison for his failure to behave himself like a civilized member of the tribe.

Last point, we all behave like civil tribal members, less we be in trouble with the authorities.

This guy did something which resulted in incarceration and parole, then punched you while pregnant and you want to find a way to keep him from getting in more trouble? Why? He has already shown numerous times that he is incapable of acting like a decent human being and treating you well. I strongly suggest counseling for you and washing your hands of him. Do you really think this guy will suddenly shape up and start obeying the law and miraculously improve his interpersonal interactions with a baby in the picture? Hint- no, he won't. Changes of this nature take years of dedicated counseling and work. He can't even behave himself while on parole.

Back