19 years old Daughter is being forced out of her home and from her son

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchris

My 19 year old daughter and her partner (26) relationship has broken down. They have a 1 year old son. However though they have agreed to separate her partner has said he will not leave the home and will stay there with all possessions and their son and she will have to leave alone. She has refused. He is currently not working due to a shoulder injury and she has had to increase her 2 work days as a hairdresser to more to try and keep financially afloat. He is refusing to let her take her son out of the house to visit anyone or go anywhere. He has cancelled their sons birthday party tomorrow and yesterday drove to her work and took their car leaving her stranded with no money and no transport. She had to stay at a friends near work. By removing her form of transport he knows it is impossible for her to get home or if she does she cannot go to and from work. We are extremely concerned by his behaviour and although have tried to talk to him he will not. By forcing her out he is trying to keep her away from her son. what can she do?

she needs to go to court for a custody hearing asap.

Thank you for your quick reply it is much appreciated.

Can I also ask as I have just read information on custody hearings. She is prepared to not work if necessary. She was only working 2 days a week to help financially and her partner was full time. Now he is signed off sick and she has only increased her hours because he has no income. Will this work against her as I have read that it is preferred the child stays in the same environment and with the parent who can spend most time with him?

She is being kept out of the home so of that she has no choice.

The forum really deals only with US law.

However, your daughter should speak to a solicitor immediately - she left her son with her ex, and this can be held against her in a custody dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back