Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft 18 yrs old and shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryle804

I'm 18 me and my friend stole some pants from Store name got caught ... the pants were 20 each and the cost together was about 40 my question is when we go to court 1st since it says co offendants on it are we being tried together? 2nd how much of a fine will it be?

also the guy at Store Name said we will not be spending any jail time unless we miss our court day.

I removed the store intials from your post. Read the link below to understand why I did this

http://www.thelaw.com/guide/criminal-law/civil-recovery-demand-letters-for-shoplifting/

First off the LP at the store are not Attorneys and do not "know" what will happen. You will likely be tried seperately each getting criminal fines of less than $500.00 most likely. There will also be a Civil fine to pay that will be around $300.00. You need a Lawyer and should discuss your options. One such option should be Diversion

Its not a choice its an option to discuss with your Lawyer. You dont got to court and get multiple choice punishments to choose from. :rolleyes:

so how do i do this i cant afford a lawyer and i cant afford a fine like that i dont know what to do...

Two questions each has different answers

so how do i do this i cant afford a lawyer
You request a Public Defender

i cant afford a fine like that
You ask about making payments. Note if you miss a payment you can then be in violation of probation face losing Diversion (if approved) and be sent to jail

The PD does not approve Diversion the Judge does! Your PD presents plea deal to DA if he accepts its presented to Judge. Far as payment plan goes thats up to court

You go to court plead not guilty and ask for Public Defender. When you meet with Public Defender you discuss your plea options. It should be at that time you bring up Diversion

Listen closely. I know your pleading not guilty to get new court date. During that time your Attorney can talk to DA about plea deal. If you walk in and plead guuilty Judge will sentence you right then. No plea deals just potluck

I dont think im going to go to jail for this i think im just going to get a fine.... and i havent been able to get a hold of a pda....

1st offense shoplift with no priors. This not a guarantee but you can expect

probation (summary)
fines less than $500.00
community service
ban from store
criminal record

There might be clases to take but this will vary by county. These classes are not free and the cost is not part of your fine

Ok, so thats pretty much what is going to happen ?

Thats not too bad i guess :/ concidering i cant get a hold of a PD...
so deffinatly no jail time then?

Ok, say we go to the PD... We discuss diversion plead our case to him , can he get that approved? because like i cant go through life with this following me , i wont be able to do anything at all... no jobs and such....(this is also including that i am guilty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back