18,being kicked out,still in highschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

keikothemeowmeo

Okay.So I just recently turned 18 on the fifth, and my mother told me that I need to find my own place to live because she's kicking me out(we've never gotten along due to religious issues).I still have highschool until sometime around June sixteenth or so.I know that I am on my father's insurance(I have kaiser)...the two are divorced.I get child support from my father, or rather, my mother gets it.

I heard that if you are eighteen but still in highschool I still get medical and child support...but does this count if you are being kicked out?

I also read somewhere on the web that the department that handles child support is supposed to mail my mother forms to change the name of the child support checks over to me, she has not mentioned this.

I called child support and they said that even though I'm eighteen, they could not give me any information, only my mother.

Would I need a lawyer?Or would I need to go to court?

Last edited:
The problem is that your Mother has a child support order being enforced for you..........If you want the money then you may have to go to court.

Is there any way that i can go to court without my mother having to know where I now live?She is kind of....troubled and I don't exactly want her to know where I am right now because she might show up everyday to try to find me or something of that nature.And on that note....how do I get a restraining order?

If I went to court would I have to get a lawyer?

Hmmmm........I would need to know if the order being enforced was issued BY your mother, Or FOR your mother by the county.....Was she recieving state assistance.......You could try to ammend the order your-self directly against you Father....Then it's just you and him...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back