17 Year old Moves out, Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidawil

I am the non custodial parent. I have been paying support each and every month. My daughter moved out of her mothers home when she was still sixteen, a few months prior to turning 17. She moved in with her boyfriend who is 23 got her pregnant. The custodial mother has prevented my daughter from seeing me, telling her for years that I do not care or am good enough then my daughter calls me to tell me all of this, I tell her I want her to come live with me she insists that she is on her own and No. She will be having this baby next month. Is on WIC and still lives with her boyfriend. The custodial parent now wants me to continue to pay support to her and not my daughter and has even talked with my daughter to say that she lives at home to be able to file at the end of the year and claim her, seize our tax return etc....how can I stop this, we have been put through hell these last 17 years with the custodial parent never sending us pictures, keeping in communication, threatening to leave state, etc...etc...etc...I just want this to be over once and for all with no further obligations to my ex wife. I need some advice and some help, we have lived on less than $1200 a month supporting my two children at home as it stands. Not sure what to do or how to do it. Please email me: jidawil@mchsi.com

You will have to go to court to terminate the child support order. Take any evidence that you have that she no longer lives with the mother.

You should have gone back to court a long time ago to enforce your visitation order.

I suggest that you retain an attorney.

I also suggest that you remove your email address. We answer in the forum and communicate privately through PMs. You'll only get unwanted email with your email address posted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back