16 year old wants to live with her father

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjchampion

my husband is the father of 16 year old twins. One of the twins (twin #1) is not getting along with their mother and wants to move in with us (her father, I and brother and sister). The mother will not allow this. She has primary custody. She will allow her to coma and stay with us every week but she still wants to recieve 100% child support. The other twin (twin #2) wants to continue to only come over every other weekend. Like they have for 11 years. There mother is very much a bully and controlling and she has put a ton of harsh stipulations on Twin #1 if she comes to stay with her dad. Twin# 1 wants to come and stay every other week. She has lived with us for the past week and was made to go home with the mother - much against Twin #1 will. I am watching 2 children in great turmoil and my hands are tied.

Do we have a foot to stand on? Is she entitled to 100 % child support?

YOU have no legal foot to stand on in this matter at all. The matter is between dad and his ex-wife.

Teenagers often play one parent against the other, even in intact families. It's part of the territory of having teenagers.

Your post is confusing; initially you wrote that mom will allow this child to come and stay with you every week, then you write that mom has made her come home.

It also appears that your main concern is whether mom is entitled to 100 percent child support because the twins come and stay with you two.

If dad wants custody of 1 child then he should apply for it and he should receive a CS discount since he has custody of 1 kid. Stop listening to mom and dad needs to file. The child is old enough that if he tells the court he would like to live with Dad, the courts will likely listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back