Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication 16 and blew .03

Status
Not open for further replies.

grit44

I am 16. I got pulled over and blew .03. Its been over a month now and I have yet to receive and paperwork.
I went to court on the day that the ticket said and the court said they have no record of me. So i went to the dmv and they knew about the situation and told me license was suspended. Is there any way to have the case dropped due to errors of the court?

Well, you can't have the case dropped because THERE IS NO CASE to drop as you found out when you appeared in court. That is because there was no complaint filed against you by the People; the city attorney's office usually, and you weren't even given the notice that says the People have up to one year within which to file charges and otherwise pursue the matter.

And the D.M.V. has a mind of its own and tends to suspend and revoke licenses any which way and at the slightest of provocations, without waiting for such minuscule matters as convictions. If the time for it has not expired, you can request an administrative hearing from the D.M.V. and the ruling of that hearing can be appealed to the Superior Court; if it is still not in your favor of course.

fredriklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back