Michigan $16,000 in emergency room bills denied

oyk890+

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I have this legal question on denial of insurance claim: $16,000 in emergency room bills, soon to be roughly $32,000 . what legal recourse do I have? Have any of you had similar experiences? if so, how did you resolve them? Thanks in advance.

This depends on the terms of your coverage and the reason for denial. You will need someone who can actually take the time to read your coverage policy to figure out of if yout have a reasonable request for coverage.
I am surprised coverage was not first checked with insurance.

I have this legal question on denial of insurance claim: $16,000 in emergency room bills, soon to be roughly $32,000 . what legal recourse do I have? Have any of you had similar experiences? if so, how did you resolve them? Thanks in advance.

You might check into filing bankruptcy.
No, never had anything like that happen to me.

Were you sent to, or chose to visit ER because you ingested illegal drugs?

what legal recourse do I have?

Recourse for what? You incurred some medical bills and apparently are continuing to do so. Why? Some insurer denied your claim? Whose insurer? What sort of insurance? Is it your personal medical insurance carrier? Why did the insurer deny the claim?

As mentioned, details count. The names of any persons or entities involved do not matter and should not be posted.

Back