Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders 15 and 21 - illegal..now 16 and 22 - legal..Can police still get involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ally0x

When I was 15 I had a sexual relationship with a 21 year old. My parents found out and my dad wanted to call the police, but in short, he didn't do anything. In Florida, it is legal for anyone of the age of 24 or younger to have sex with someone who is atleast 16. So, if I'm 16 now and he's 22 and we were to become friends again and/or have sex, could my dad still get the police involved for when I was 15? It will have been around 8 months to a year since anything last happened if he did find out.
BTW - I don't need commentary about how he only wants one thing, I need help, stick to guys my own age..etc. I've heard it all before. I just need facts right now. Thanks :)

There are other charges that can be brought against an adult that encourages a minor to disobey their parents. If he aids or encourages you to disobey your parents, or conceals you from them, he can face some serious criminal charges.

And, yes, they can STILL come back and charge him for the previous offenses. The statute of limitations is likely measured in years - likely 3 to 5 years. I'm not going to look them up for FL, but in most states sex related offenses are going to be AT LEAST 3 years.

- Carl

At the age of 15, and atleast 4 years older is a felony. The Statute of Limitations veries on these crimes.

Certainly, if your father has objected, it is a felony in most states, as you don't have parentel consent. As a minor, you have not obtained this "right" as of yet.

Tell your bf to becarefull, as he could very well be charged with a felony, and have to register as a sex offender for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back