What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonsgirl

I am dating a guy who is having a baby with someone else. This girl has insinuated several times that if he does not want to be with her then he can't have anything to do with his baby. I have tried to tell him that she can't keep him from his baby but he won't listen to me and this is putting a strain on our relationship. My question is what can he do to better his chances of having visitation rights and being able to be a big part of his babies life? He has always wanted to be a father and he is afraid that she will hold this baby over his head and use it as a pawn in her games. She has mental problems and is on meds for depression that she was advised to quit taking by her obstetrician. Ultimately, he would be willing to have his baby all the time and I am more than willing to help him.

First, he doesn't need to listen to this girl she is full of crap. He needs to march down to the attorney general's office or lawyer's office and get some visitation set up. Granted he will have to start paying child support, but that's his duty.

After the baby is born, he should get a paternity test ordered by the court in case she tries to say the baby is not his; then, he can file for visitation rights with the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back