signing over rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanda25

Hi, my name is Amanda. I have been with my husband for 6 years. We just got married a few months ago. We have 2 children and he has a son from a previous relationship. His other child is 8yrs old. We haven't seen him in 4.5 years. His mother wont allow us to see him because we are together. She wasn't ready for their relationship to be over so she used their son as a pawn. When my husband woudn't play her games she got violent and threatening. She stopped allowing my husband to see their son when we had our first son. We would love to see him but that will never happen. We dont even know where he is. My husband pays child support every month for a child he can't see. They are now trying to attach to my wages for child support. We can't afford it. We have 2 kids to support also and it's breaking us. They take 50% of my husbands income and now are trying to take my taxes for his past debt. My husband has decided to sign over his rights to stop the child support. His sons mom wants that and we figure we'll never see him again anyway. Will he still be responsible for child support if he signs over his rights? We've heard conflicting stories.

My understanding is that child support may stop but that occurs frequently in adoption cases, e.g. the child is adopted by the mother's new husband. How is this "agreement" being accomplished?

I am confused about what options are available for my husband. His ex has no one who wants to adopt the child. She just wont allow my husband and I to see the kid. My husband Keith decided to sign his rights over so that child support will stop. We have 2 small children ourselves and I'm in college so that child support breaks us. We don't mind paying for him,but we can't even see him. We talked to support enforcement and they said to first go to circuit court and sign over rights and then take the paper work to them. It wouldn't do a whole lot of good to sign over rights and still be responsible for support. I feel bad that it has came to this. Keith wants to see his son but we can't afford a lawyer to get visitation rights and even if we did we'd be putting ourselves and our children in danger from his ex girlfriend. His ex does not get the support anyway. She has been on Welfare since she had him so the state is the one who has gone after Keith for support. Would that make a difference in having to still pay? Heather wants Keith to sign over his rights and she doesn't care if Keith pays or not.We've been told that it is not up to her, since she is on assistance from the state of Oregon that the state needs some form of pay back. Basically his ex can be on Welfare for ever and we'll be stuck with the tab. If she was not on welfare then we could sign over rights and there would be no problem. Since she's the one who is causing this I think Keith should be allowed to sign over his rights and be clear of support. Welfare should make her get a job. Please help!!! We can't afford this!!! I don't know where to go for advice. Is there a way to get really cheap advice or representation? Legal aide wont help and we can't pay attorney fees.

giving up rights

just wondering if the non custodial father sighs over rights to his ex girlfriend does he still have to pay child support in the state of florida??

my husband and i have had it, it's non stop its sad its not about the child its all about money money

If mom is remarried and her husband is willing to adopt then maybe it can be done. Is your husband sure he wants to do this? He becomes a legal stranger to the child. If mom is not following a visitation decree then he should take her to court. He is only required topay her what the court papers tell him to.

Signing over Parentsl rights

Hi my name is Kim, my son is 3 years old. His father has not been in his life at all. Except when he wants something from me. What my question is, is how do I go about getting his parental rights signed over. He has agreed to signing them over. He doesn't want to be in his life. I have tried for 3 years to get him to be there. He has 2 other children from a previous marriage that he is there for? he does pay child support but only cuz he has too. Isn't there a way that he can sign over rights, and not have any visitations or anything to him. I trully think that is the best thing for my son. I am married and he does have a father in his life. What should I do and how to go about doing it. Any information is greatly appreciated. I have never told him to not be there. All i want is for him to be a father to him. I don't care about the money or anything else.

custody/guardianship

Hello, my name is William and I am 17 years old. I live with my mom and step dad currently, and would like to know what kind of steps or papers would require me to move and live with a friend? I will be 18 in December! PLEASE ANSWER ASAP

Need help here

I am 26 weeks pregnant, and the father only wants to sign his rights over so that he doesnt have to pay child support, i am very very very willing to let him be in his son's life...as a matter of fact i want him there as much as he can be, but all he can say is that i am being selfish in not giving the baby up for adoption, and that i only want money from him, which is not true. what can i do to make it so that he cant sign his rights over...i know that later on he will regret not being able to see his first born son, and i know that he is a compassionate man most of the time but right now he is just listening to all of his friends and not to his heart. Is there any way that I can prevent him from signing his rights over?

Read the posts on here, there are alot relating to this.

The bottom line is, he just cannot sign over his rights. It does not happen that way. If he did not want the child then he should not have gotten you pregnant. If it were that easy for men to get out of their responsibilities we would have deadbeat dads walking all over the place. I am more than sure an attorney did not tell him he could do this. Unless you are married, this is not possible.

So for now, ignore him. If you want to file for child support, he will be entitled to visitation and a relationship with the child. Whether or not he pursues it is up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back