runaway/parenting rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasta12987

My 15 year old daughter is a troubled child (drinking, smoking, sexualy active) and I was wondering what rights I have to discipline her (michigan). Whenever I attempt to do something, she threatens she will report me. When I try to ground her she just walks to a friends or has someone pick her up and theres nothing I can do about it? I cant restrain her at all? These child laws are nuts. She leaves for days at a time without me knowing her where abouts. I report her a runaway to the police and they bring her to me and she walks out agian. She comes and goes as she pleases and Im sick of it what can I do?
Also, where can I find a gov. program or something to get help get her in line? She has some mental issues so I dont think a juvi home will help, she needs to go away somewhere to see a doctor(refuses to go to treatment with me). I am broke so I cant send her to a camp.

What is a parent to do???

Change the locks while she is gone.

Cant legally kick her out till shes 16. Believe me Ive thought about it. And while shes out of the house, Im responsible for any trouble she gets into...go figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back