Plenty of questions.. not enough answers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteandBubbly02

My son is 16 months old, and hasn't seen his father in 3 months. I am planning to move from NY to NJ (217 miles) in May. I told my son's father the end of March that we were moving and he had no objections. Now, for some reason, he is saying that he is going to try and fight me. I have not received any order from the court to allow me to move out of state because our custody order says visitation is "as we can agree". I told my ex that I will meet him half way whenever he wants to see our son. If he files a petition with the court, is there a chance they could make me move back up to NY after already moving to NJ?
Also, my ex owes me over $3,000 in arrears as well as his ex wife over $7,000. Am I allowed to bring up in our support hearing that he owes this much and is only getting a slap on the hand? He has never been punished/penalized for not seeing his children and not paying the support for his children. I know that in most cases, they don't even look at the arrears he owes for other children, but I don't understand how one person can owe over $10,000.00 in support and still be out there doing whatever he wants. He usually misses our court hearings, and still, get's a slap on the wrist.. Any advice for the problems I am having would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back