Petitioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have a son who has been evauated by his psychiatrist who say that he is unable to care for himself. I raised my as a single parent from the age two years old to ninthteen years of. I got into some trouble and ended up in jail for three years. I hsve been out going on two years on parole. Kevin is my sons name and I want to reunite as a family sgain however, I have a sister who my son lives with and she is opposing my petition to be his legal. Kevin receives , a monthly income and his aunt has no income of her own and she is my son Ksevin's payee representative for his SSI and Social Security checks without his income , my sister would not have a place to live, she hasn't worked in over four years. Nothing is in her name the apartment that she and live in is rented in someone else name. My sister has justments against her along with a bad credit rating. She is isolating him from me and has been for months now.

I rent a two bedroom apartment her in St Louis County and have filed my petition with the St. Charles County Probate Court and currently wsiting on court date, and I do have an attorney. My is what are the responsibilities of a legal guardisn appointed by the judg?

I rent a two bedroom apartment her in St Louis County and have filed my petition with the St. Charles County Probate Court and currently waiting on court date, and I do have an attorney. What are the responsibilities of a legal guardian appointed by the judge?

This is published by your state's health department.

Its a guide to guardianship and conservatorship in Missouri.

I suggest you refer ALL of your questions to YOUR lawyer, after you have become familiar with the pamphlet published by your state.

By the way, you can't receive guardianship of an adult, even an incapacitated or disabled adult.

What you appear to be seeking is a conservatorship.

http://health.mo.gov/seniors/ombudsman/pdf/BasicGuideUnderstandingGuardianshipConservatorship.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back