My exgirlfriend's boyfriend is threatening physical harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefulman

My ex-girlfriend's boyfriend is threatened me with physical harm. Me and my ex-girlfriend have a 5 month year old infant and I want to be the father, but I fear for my life. What should I do? The problem is I don't know his face, but I have his key up number (nextel walkie talkie). What should I do?

Hmm, are you the actual father? I'm just curious as to why you'd "want to be the father", as that would enlighten me on some other issues. I'm not trying to pry, but sometimes there's other obstacles which can change the legalities, so I don't want to try to steer you in the wrong direction. Also, I don't understand why the current boyfriend is harassing you, but you can report it to the police ... they probably won't do anything about it unless there's actual physical contact, but at least you'll have a record of it, and documentation goes a long way in the legal field (proof/evidence).

peacefulman said:
My ex-girlfriend's boyfriend is threatened me with physical harm. Me and my ex-girlfriend have a 5 month year old infant and I want to be the father, but I fear for my life. What should I do? The problem is I don't know his face, but I have his key up number (nextel walkie talkie). What should I do?
If you are the father of the child, then you have rights. You can file in court for visitation and more. Do understand that if you want to be a father, this would also mean financial obligations as well. Understand that there are implications for taking a more proactive position in this child's life. Think about what you really want here before acting. Very best of luck to you.

I don't understand your post. Are you the baby's biological father? Has paternity been established? file a restraining order on him and stop taking his calls or change your phone number. If you are this child's legal father then you have rights, which is entirely different matter. If you want to set up visitation then you need to go to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back