mother refusing to let me pick up daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpowers

i have a custody agreement with the courts for my 2 year old daughter and have custody of her every other weekend. this past weekend i went to pick her up and she refused to open the door and was visibly home, and did this for the rest of the weekend when i tried to pick her up and is now ignoring my phone calls. i called the police but they said they dont deal with child custody disputes. who should i contact?

Next time she does this, call the police. If your decree is specific that you are to have visitation ask the police to help enforce the order.

You can also see an attorney and file contempt charges. or at least have a lawyer send her a strongly worded letter that she is to comply to the decree otherwise you will retain counsel, and she will be petitioned to pay his legal fees.

i called the police when i was standing on her doorstep, and they refused to intervene. today i called the district attorney and they can't do anything about it either.

You need to talk to an attorney. You should be able to file a motion for contempt of court for non-visitation. Next time, it's your turn. Go there. If she doesn't let you see her, keep track of it. Keep records of everything- no phone calls, no visitation, etc.

Good luck,
gearhart7

Then its time to take her to court and file contempt charges.

Dont waste any more time!

Go to your local Family Court office and file an "Emergency Motion for Visitation Rights" & "Motion for Contempt" of a set scheduled visitation court order. The police will never step in when it comes to enforcing a court order, but you have the right to have them right out an police report for you, it will help substantially when you go to court in building your case. When you go to pick up your child, what evidence is there that she is really there? Is her car parked in the driveway? Take pictures. Do you see looking through the window when you know? Take pictures. Make sure you have all your phone records in order of all the times you have attempted to reach her for your visitation. In the state of Florida you are not allowed to take video in to court without the other person's consent, I dont know if that is so in other states. If you are allowed, take video of any proof you have that she is evading the visitation exchange. BUILD YOUR CASE, and be ready because an Emergency Motion can be granted in a matter of days sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back