His mom is abusive, his dad can't support financially, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hajinmon

I'm writing for a friend who's currently unable to do so himself. He lives with his mom and younger brother. He's 16 and his brother is 14 now. There have been several occasions when his mother has become physically/mentally/emotionally abusive to him. His parents are divorced and he moved in with his mother about a year ago after having lived with his dad, as his dad was getting married to someone who didn't treat him well/couldn't support him financially. His mom seemed welcoming at first, but I suppose she just wanted the child support. She supposedly has a chemical inbalance, Bipolar disorder, and has tendancy to slap/shove him around and blatantly insult him.

So far she hasn't done anything life-threatening, and he hasn't ever returned a blow; only restrained her, caught a slap, etc. He's very evidently stronger than she is, but it's getting more and more traumatizing for him to live there. He would move in with his dad, but his dad can't support him. He would press charges, but she always has some sort of save and the younger brother, who doesn't get treated in such a way, is too afraid to testify were it to go to court. Even if he could win such a case, the person I'm speaking for is afraid to put her in prison. She'll do anything to stay out of it, as she spent the night in one once when his dad called the police (When the parents were still together) because of "domestic violence" on her part. It was supposedly proven false; he doesn't feel his life would be safe if he took this sort of action. Is it possible for him to move in with the parents of a very close friend out of state with the permission of only his father, when he lives with his mother?

There are no family members detached from his mother than he can turn to and nobody close enough near him that he'd be comfortable living with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back