Guardians Gone Mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

knt1525

I signed over temporary guardianship to my now ex father and mother in law. Now they are trying to take my daughter to Colorado where her mother lives (she abandoned myself and our daughter in 2004) The thing is our guardianship contract clearly states they cannot re-locate the child out of california without the courts permission. (they dont have court permission to take her out of CA at this time) They are saying that their permanent residence is in CA, but they have another home in CO. Well my daughter would be going to school in CO, so in my opinion the permanent residence is CO because they will be spending at least 10 of the 12 months of the year out there because of her school. I know for a fact they will not let her come to CA to see me or her paternal grandparents. To me it seems like they are trying to get around the law by lying and saying they are living here. Any advice on where to start so i can keep my daughter in CA so i can fight to terminate the guardiaship before its too late???

Why did you give them temporary guardianship? were you the CP at the time?

You probably need to file a motion in court to revoke the guardianship, orto file contempt charges. Right now if you sit and do nothing then yes they can take the child there.

You should never give a non parent temp. guardianship unless absolustely necessary (childs safety, parent going to jail, cannot care for child).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back