Georgia parental rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

candijapan

As a father in Georgia, what are the laws concerning where the child is kept? Does the mother have the right to keep where she and the child are at secret from the husband? Can she deny the father from seeing the baby?

Give us facts and details and then perhaps we could help you.

Until there are court orders laying out visitation and custody, she can probably get away with this. Not advised though, unless she has a really good reason we are not being told about.

Has either party filed for divorce? Is there any sort of temp. order in place?

Until there are court orders laying out visitation and custody, she can probably get away with this. Not advised though, unless she has a really good reason we are not being told about.

Has either party filed for divorce? Is there any sort of temp. order in place?

My brother is the father and him and his wife have been having some reall issues since they had there baby in December. A couple days back they got in a fight and she just left the house with the baby and refused to tell him where she was going with the baby.
My brother spoke to a lawyer and he said that men have no parental rights in Georgia and I can't see this being true. Does he have the right to know where the baby is? What are his parental rights? What are her rights? If they were to get a divorce and she is breastfeeding would the court allow her to keep breastfeeding?
They haven't filed for divorce yet, but seem pretty close to it.

If an attorney actually told your bother that, he needs to call around to another attorney.

He is the legal father, he does have some rights.

Until a divorce is filed mom does not have to allow dad to visit, unfortunately. What I would do though is keep track and document all communication with mom and once a judge sees it, mom might irritate a court by withhholding visits from dad for no good reason. If she is breastfeeding she can still allow dad to see the child wherever she is staying.

I suspect that this is a paternity case, not a divorce, and that dad hasn't legally established his paternity.

In the above post the father is called the husband, so I assume they are married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back