gaining custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianaIvy

I am divorced and during my divorce the placement of the children was ordered at the same time. I did not get any paper work until I was walking into court and my lawyer briefly explained what was in the papers. He stated to me and the Guardian stated to me that if my circumstances had changed I would get the children back. My circumstanes has changed and when I had someone view my papers from court, it does not say anything about when my circumstance it only states the ex-husband and his mother. His mother has temp custody until the ex passed 12 consecutive drug tests. The ex has just been caught by the law again for drugs, so it is evident that he is not passing any tests. In the papers it sounds like the ex can continue to do this (and he lives in the same house as his mother who has the children) as long as his mother continues to agress to temp custody. Before we went to court the lawyers told me that all I had to do was to move out of my partners home. I have no one to help me so I started saving my money until I could move out. I have moved out. My son lives with me now because the grandmother and his father could not handle him, but I can not get the child support stopped until I hire a lawyer. I can not afford to do that and I was under the understanding that all I had to do was to get my own place. I did what they asked and now I am told to hire a lawyer. What can I do.

You'll probably need custody on apper in order to stop CS. Until then you can try calling CSE to see if they can help you with stopping support on that child.

It sounds like you probably should get an attorney. You can see if you qualify for legal aid. Othersie go down to the courts and use their self help/law library and if you have to, file the paperwork yourself but you need to know what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back