foster care

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenlou

I was working with a foster agency for almost 3 years. I have had an incodent where the foster child was removed from my home until there was an investigation to the allegation. I was then asked by the foster agency to take a lie-detector test. I refused the test only because I know it was costly and I was planning on changing foster agencies anyhow. I considered myself "I quit" from this agency. This allegation was hearsay and there was no truth to it. I proceeded to work with another foster agency and I requested my information from my prior agency to be faxed to the new agency. They faxed my information along with a very discriminating letter. This prior agency had written in this letter things that I never knew I was being accused of. There were items in this letter that supposedly happened over a year ago and I had no idea I was being acused of it. If I was being acused of these things why weren't they investigated at the time. I am very concerned what my rights are because I need to appeal this letter and possibly seek a lawyer. Also, my former agency would not release the letter to me. What are my rights? I cannot work as a foster parent until this matter is cleared up. I am very depressed because of my situation and I am worried about my health and my finances.

I think you should do whatever the previous adoption agency wants you to do to clear your name.

Personally, refusing to take a polygraph and then changing agencies sounds a bit suspicious to me. If the agency believes you were not taking proper care of the child and would not follwo through procedures to clear your name, they can give that information to someone else. After all, you are caring for innocent children here. They have a right to know who is watching their kids.

You can see an attorney for advice but you have the burden of proving what is being said is NOT true. If i were you, I would have taken the polygraph. If you are telling the truth and did nothing wrong then you would pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back