Fathers Rights Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

tige

Hello, this is real short notice to ask for a reply, but I have only 6 hours till my son is to be adopted .My son was born Jan 31 2006, and his mother has offered him up for adoption and the adoptive parents are to be there at 8:00 A.M. in the morning to pick him up. I do not want this to happen PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY . I know not what to do . THANKYOUSO VERY MUCH . ARIZONA

You need to contact an attorney. Your rights should have been properly terminated. Are you sure the baby is yours? Did you terminate your rights? Did the mother list you on the birth cert?

We need more info, but you need an attorney if you are the father and you want to dispute the adoption.

Fathers rights

Yes I am the father and no I never gave up my parental rights.From what the hospital said when I inquired as to why they gave my child away to his adoptive parents is that me and my girlfriend are not married so that I was s.o.l and that need to get a attorney. well attorneys are expensive and I just dont understand why or how this is right. Are there any papers I can file myself to do something about this? Do I have a lawsuit against the hospital? I know I need to get a grip on the situation before its probably to late .I thankyou for your advice and your reply.

If you were on the birth cert as the father, then your rights have to be terminated before an adoption can be done, and of course you have to consent to it. I cannot imagine the baby just being handed over without the correct procedure being done.

Who cares about money, yes a lawyer may charge you something but do some calling around to family law attorneys to see if you can arrange to have one talk to you for free or law cost.

Not sure if the police can do anything. It is still really unclear what exactly is going on.

A baby's future is at stake here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back