date of death appraisal

If you are losing $68.05 per day on a .20% APY spread, it must be a substantial amount in the CD. The only justification (if you want to call it that), is to keep your deposit on their books. That is not a good sign of the solvency of the bank.

RE: welkin

IF I transfer the money to a new bank, I would get $68.05 per day, which is $921 more in a year than COMENITY offered me. Since 5/14 when I tried to transfer the money COMENITY HAS paid me 0 and has said, "YOU will not get interest during the period of the transfer process.'' I therefore am losing $68.05/day. IF Comenity were paying me 5.20% during this infuriating interval of non-transfer, then I would simply be losing $2.60 a day.

I have thought about leaving the money in COMENITY, despite my LACK OF RESPECT FOR AND TRUST of them NOW. After 15 days of no interest, my profit of $921 will have been negated. I simply have no confidence in Comenity, as you suggested.

THIS situation seems to be a type of FINANCIAL blackmail--'keep your money here or lose interest indefinitely.' I wonder if the FDIC or CFPB would get involved if I filed a complaint.

By the way, I found the Corporate Headquarters address and will send the WRITTEN letter today. Yesterday I sent the letter via email to customer support just to see what would happen. I got the following reply today:

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting Comentiy (Bread) Savings Customer Care.

i do apologize for the inconvenience, as the statement is being submitted to the concern team for the review, kindly wait for the response.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you for choosing Bread Savings.

Sincerely,

Bread Savings Customer Care

----1. I consider this situation to be more than an 'inconvenience.' THE 'apology' does not move me.

2. My 'additional question' to the customer care team, if I were to reply,
would be, "My only question is how long do I have to continue to lose $68 per day for your nonsense?''

Back