Moving, Movers Communication problem with housing authority

xmer

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I've tried to reach out to my housing authority about my voucher port out. I'm trying to port out of Cook County. I really want to get away from my housing authority. My landlord has communication issues with them as well. I feel marginalized. Im wondering if it's because of my race, or being male that I'm going through this. I've asked a disability rights law group for advice. They never got back to me either. So I want to see if complaining to HUD the official agency with a discrimination complaint will resolve my issue. That way at least the housing authority would have to answer quickly to why they are treating me the way they do. I have no where to go. I'm on disability and would be homeless. This is the only housing authority I've had this happen to me with. They suck.

They were returning calls, emails. Now that I reached out to the executive director they have responded. I asked them how long it will be to port out to another housing authority. Also asked them to update my contact information as it was hard to do that myself. The update of my information was resolved. Still waiting on other question. But at least I'm getting a response

They were returning calls, emails. Now that I reached out to the executive director they have responded. I asked them how long it will be to port out to another housing authority. Also asked them to update my contact information as it was hard to do that myself. The update of my information was resolved. Still waiting on other question. But at least I'm getting a response
Unfortunately, sometimes patience is the best option when dealing with a governmental bureaucracy.

Back