can a boyfriend buy his girlfriend tax certifacte

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostmind

ok my question is this. My girlfriend is behind on her property taxes and it was sold in tax sale. The person who bought it started the 90 day pay or get out where he would be givin a tax deed. I contacted the lawyer of the person who was closing on the house and purchased the tax certificate. so my ? is can I still forclose on the house to get a tax deed in my name. because when I went and registered the certificate they said that if I have and intrest in the house I couldn't turn in for a new deed drawn up. because I live in the house pay all the bills and upkeep on house. so any information would help.

ok my question is this. My girlfriend is behind on her property taxes and it was sold in tax sale. The person who bought it started the 90 day pay or get out where he would be givin a tax deed. I contacted the lawyer of the person who was closing on the house and purchased the tax certificate. so my ? is can I still forclose on the house to get a tax deed in my name. because when I went and registered the certificate they said that if I have and intrest in the house I couldn't turn in for a new deed drawn up. because I live in the house pay all the bills and upkeep on house. so any information would help.

If things are as you say, your actions MIGHT be considered legitimate.
Before you rejoice, seek further advice from a local real estate or property attorney.
There is no way you'd want to reveal more private information on a public forum.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back