Arizona 1095-C error

Miller M2

Jurisdiction
Arizona
So my past employer sent me my 1095-C (health insurance offer and coverage) but it seems to be a mistake because it is showing that they offered me coverage on January 2023 and on…and the package/benefits wasn't provided to me until February 1, 2023. I have contacted my employer via phone to correct this problem But I haven't heard from them for a week. If these types of error happens (Can they correct the problem and re send another 1095-C?

Thanks in advanced!

Is it possible you had the coverage on 1/1/23 but just didn't get the paperwork until 2/1/23?

As for not hearing from them for a week, why not just go there and talk to the HR people?

Can they correct the 1095-C? I'm guessing that they can, but that's just a guess.

Is it possible you had the coverage on 1/1/23 but just didn't get the paperwork until 2/1/23?

As for not hearing from them for a week, why not just go there and talk to the HR people?

Can they correct the 1095-C? I'm guessing that they can, but that's just a guess.
I talked to HR actually and no I wasn't there for 90 days in January first for me to be qualified for benefits, etc. I started working November 18 2022. They sent me the benefits package on 2/1/23 via email.

If there actually is a problem yes, a 1095-C can be corrected. But my employer will backdate coverage to the date of hire/date of eligibility, even if the election isn't made till later. Is it possible that coverage was backdated to January 1, even if you didn't get the paperwork till February?

Are you taking credit for obtaining health insurance for through the ACA market place? If not, this form is largely spurious. What it gives you are the numbers you need to compute eligibility for the credit. Even with the wrong start date, you can still do the computation, just ignore the month that was in error.

You don't file the 1095-C, the employer does that and it will affect their head counts with the feds, but probably a month isn't going to make a meaningful difference to them either.

Back