Yikes!!!! 82 MPH in the Hamptons

Status
Not open for further replies.

suffulkguy71

OK, can anyone help me? I got caught on Route 27 doing 82 :eek: , the trooper was hidden on a hill behind some trees & he clocked me with the laser. He claimed to have pulled me over before & asked if I remembered him :confused: . Anyways, this is my first ticket :( Is there anything I can do? Will going to defensive driving be an option?

Thank you! :cool:

New York Speeding Ticket

Will going to defensive driving be an option?

You can call the clerk of court and ask but I don't think that New York has a traffic school option. Usually your best bet with a New York State speeding ticket is to plead not guilty and request a deposition.

Normally there will be a pretrail hearing and the ADA will offer you a reduction. Of course if the officer does not furnish you the deposition you can go to court and make a motion for dismissal. You have 48 hours to send in the ticket with the boxes checked on the back. Be sure to do it CRRR and keep a copy of the ticket.

Got the deposition & the trial date

First of all, thank you lwpat for your help. I did what you said, I recieved the deposition & now I have the court date in like three weeks. I want to be fully prepared when I get there. What should I do?

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back