Criminal Law Yet another Immigration Crim Record Q!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Air14UK

Hi all...

Sorry to ask another question regarding criminal records an the Visa Waiver Prog!

I have been to the US twice in the last 12 months on the VWP and have never had any problem at immigration... however, now the rules have changed and there is a need to fill in personal details before arriving in the US.

I have a caution (also known as a reprimand) on my criminal record from over 10 years ago for a petty theft when I was 17.

I fly this week and it's the first time I've come across the fact that any criminal record may bar me from entry to the USA.

Is it likely that the caution will show up on this trip, when it's never shown up before?

I do not have time to visit the US embassy beforehand and like I've said, I've never had any trouble before.

Thanks for any advice.

Might also be worth mentioning that I own a house in Florida, which is the reason I need to visit at such short notice...

If you are concerned with admissibility you should consult with an attorney.
Even if you had a conviction, if they criminal act occurred before the age of 18 it does not make you inadmissible. You should disclose the "warning" you received if asked, it's always best practice to be honest., Only "certain" criminal acts render the person inadmissible, and theft is one of them.
This is NOT legal advice. For qualified legal advice contact an immigration attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back