x-husband stole pension money

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

when I filed for divorce I was suppose to get 1/2 of my x-husbands pension. The union refused to give me the money. Instead the union gave my x-husband my money, which was 7 1/2 years of my pension money. I finally got a judge to say my x-husband owes me the money. He only has to pay me a small amount each month. They court is giving my x-husband eight years to pay it back. Is this legal?

when I filed for divorce I was suppose to get 1/2 of my x-husbands pension. The union refused to give me the money. Instead the union gave my x-husband my money, which was 7 1/2 years of my pension money. I finally got a judge to say my x-husband owes me the money. He only has to pay me a small amount each month. They court is giving my x-husband eight years to pay it back. Is this legal?

Yes, the court can't make him (or anyone pay PRIVATELY owed debts).
Courts save their mystical, magical powers to assist GOVERNMENTAL entities to collect what they say you or I owe them.
That said, you can investigate IF he committed a crime by purportedly stealing your money by speaking with the prosecutorial and/or law enforcement authorities in your jurisdiction.
If they determine he has committed some crime, they will endeavor to exact a pound or two of flesh from him.
Alas, that will perhaps offer you a measure of revenge or comfort, but no money.
You are also free to see if a collections agency will attempt to get what is yours, for a fee to them, of course.

Last, but not least, you can speak with the attorney that represented you at divorce (what, no attorney - now worries this applies anyway) and see if he or she will assist you in expediting him paying you.

Otherwise, be glad you have divested this little weasel out of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back