Wrote a bad check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceichman

I had written two checks to my landlord and I wrote the checks from my personal checking account instead of the joint account that I do have. I thought I had the money in my account to cover it but I didn't. So now my landlord told me that if I didn't have to money to him by the 1st he would go to the courts about the issue. I'm not sure what to do at this point about the situation. I'm 21 years old. Never been convicted of a crime or went to jail. I'm scared! The total amount of the checks is $1,320. Please help me!

I had written two checks to my landlord and I wrote the checks from my personal checking account instead of the joint account that I do have. I thought I had the money in my account to cover it but I didn't. So now my landlord told me that if I didn't have to money to him by the 1st he would go to the courts about the issue. I'm not sure what to do at this point about the situation. I'm 21 years old. Never been convicted of a crime or went to jail. I'm scared! The total amount of the checks is $1,320. Please help me!

The help you need is to find someone willing to give or loan you 1,400 odd dollars.

The LL could seek to have you persecuted for those bad checks.

Just so you know, the only thing that matters if that happens, is you issued a check and the money wasn't present to cover the checks.

That stuff about a mistake as to which account, won't work.

You could also end up getting evicted.

I suggest you try to fix it.

last point, it doesn;t matter if you are 21, 51, or 151; same result, you can be persecuted for issuing bad checks.

If the money was in the joint account, fixing the issue should be simple, get it and take it to him. Cover his bank fees and any other penalty charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back