Wrongly Accused

Status
Not open for further replies.

concerned31

I know this is a ridiculous case. But my roommate is taking me to Small Claims court because she's accusing me of stealing her LV purse. I guess she told the other roommates, her boyfriend and her friend, that she went to get an oil change and that's the last time she saw her purse. Then weeks later she looks at my pictures that I had posted on a website, using a similar purse as hers and accuses me that the purse is hers and that I had stolen it. But I really got my purse from my mom who had given it to me because she didn't want it anymore. (my mom is an avid purse collector and has her stages of buying Designer purse) AND why would I steal her purse and take pictures with it? I told her I would try to get a receipt that my mom had purchased it, but my mom had bought the purse years ago from EBAY and don't really know where to start looking for the receipt. SO now she's kicking me out of the house, will not give my deposit back if I don't prove that the purse is ming, and taking me to small claims and claims that she was going to file a police report. Does she even have a case? Please help!! I don't know what to do.

We don't know all evidence. Only a judge would examine the proofs and see whose purse it is. Your mum, all evidence and witnesses would be important............Only her evidence would tell if her she has a case. I can't tell from your post. But if you are not in the lease, she can kick you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back