Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Wrongly accused, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabel3495

Hello all,

i was fired from my job on march 19,2010 for "stealing from a customer. i worked for this game company where returns or game sales from the customers to us would be put in store credit on a company card and given to the customers. I had a bad habit of picking up receipts from outside the store when i was closing up and placed them in my pocket to later discard them. on my occasion i picked up some receipts and totally forgot that they were in my purse and brought them home ( i was tired from working all day and no sleep from a newborn). That night someone i know came over my house and i guess got a hold of the receipts i had in my pocket to discard b/c they were trash outside my store front. I guess they wrote down the number of the card that the credit was issued to (since they are displayed on the receipts, which if you ask me its a big mistake on the companies part). The next day they asked me to go with them to one of the stores in my district to purchased some items for their kids, b/c his sister has given him a gift card from my company. I went with him and since i knew the manager there i began talking to her and did not paid attention as to what he was purchasing or how he was paying. 2 weeks later i get a call at my store from the customers whose card was used by my alleged friend. I did what was i figured at the time the right thing to do i took down his information, his card number and the amount spend and notify my DM and LPM ( @ this time i don't know that my friend used this card unlawfully). Well i guess the customer got antsy and saw that there were no progress being made by my superiors and by headquarters and filled a lawsuit against my store. me and my store manager were surprised that he filled it at our store since the credit was used at another store. My store manager notify my DM and LPM that we got served and she gave them the customers info (the info that i wrote down 3 weeks earlier). On the 19th my DM and LPM walked in my store and ask to speak to me by this time i have put 2 and 2 together since i found out what was purchased by his card and what my friend purchased was identical, also the same store, but didn't want to make an assumption or accuse my friend of stealing. My LPM question me about other things besides that ex. me stealing from the store, doing refund fraud and trade fraud, he said he had proof and went i ask him for proof he said i was been dishonest and that we will be there forever. After 1hr of been wrongfully accused and tired of the way they were speaking to me and making me feel stupid, i asked them if they are there b/c of the lawsuit we have with the customer who is missing credit from his card. they said yeah and what do i know. I told them that i believe i know who did it and explain how i picked up some receipts from outside the store that night when i was closing and totally forgot them and took them home and someone got a hold of them and used them. he said thats right and he saw on camera me with the guy, i said yeah i know but i was not aware that he was using that. yeah i may have done a mistake by taking them home instead of throwing them out but i did not use them and did not have the intent to use them. He ask me to write a statement and i did i was honest with it and stated that i was no way involved with it. funny because as we are sitting there i am helping him with the theft thats going on in my store by an employee (which i found out was useful b/c he got caught and fired). He made me sign a promissory note to pay back the $400, so i did and i purchased a gift card for $400 and gave it to them so that they can give to the customer. The next week i found out that i was fired with non-rehireable and the reason is theft. I know that this most not be good, so i filled a civil suit against my friend for lost wages when he received the letter he contacted me and we sat down he paid me back the $400 and signed a promissory note to compensate me for my lost in front of a public notary. i filled for unemployment and am now in the waiting stage while they investigate if i am eligible. If i can up as uneligible due to theft i am going to appeal that decision b/c i did not steal anything. my ex friend that used the credit has offer to give me a signed statement (notarized) that i had nothing to do with what he did and i am an innocent party. i know that my company puts employees who got fired for theft in the ESTEEM Database. Can i fight this? Some of my old employees have started a customer petition to get me back in the company i would love to come back but not to that district, my DM the day of the questioning said he had to fired me b/c he didn't know how 2 explain what happened to HR, what kind of sh*t is that? They both knew i didn't do anything wrong and yet i am paying for someone elses doings, i am so depress and disappointed. I gave this company 3yrs and wanted to stay there for more and advance. I need some advice all is welcome.

thank you

Thank you, i guess one of my questions is why is this been considered as Internal Theft? When they witness someone else using it eventhough i was with him it wasn't my doings.

sorry another question, on the other website i did not see a specific thread to post this on. Do you know on which one i should

Since you had questions about your job labor law would be correct section. They can answer question in regards to unemployment or anything job related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back