Consumer Law, Warranties Wrongfully sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

clandrews2004

I was part of an llc with 2 other members. Each one of us had our own part in the llc. I was to handle the finacial, one was to handle management of the store, and the other was to do stock and business of the store.

The short version: I signed an initial license agreement and told the mall we were applying for our llc. our license agreement ended and we negotiated a new contract between the mall and the llc. The mall manager did not change the contract from a single entity to the llc. I trusted the mall manger when he said he would fix it, if i signed the agreement to get corp. off his back. I signed the contract with no wittiness on purpose and sent it to him. We paid all rent to the mall under the llc. then the problems started. when we got the contract it had just my name and the single name or trade name. I told him that it was wrong and he stated he would take care of it. I believed him again. There were other problems like we paid 2 months worth of rent that the mall lost them after giving us a receipt. The mall then gave a default by email because of the checks 2 weeks after they told us and 2 months after they were issued. Then the manager him self 3 months later closed the stored down midday kicked my employees out and took possession of the space. We were never notified other than email.

Present day, I was sued by the mall and lost because the contract was in my name. The manager admitted that he took money for the lease under the llc. He stated he knew we an llc. and lie about the 36 page of documents that were sent to him saying he never got it. Although he stated lots of time he knew we were an llc.

WHAT CAN I DO? Also can the LLC go after the mall because of them accepting money that was not intended for my account but for the llc which is what we ran it as?

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back