Wrongful traiffic Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

macinla

I will admit up front that I did not have my car registered. But this has happed twice by the same cop.

1st time - I was pulled over and was told that my brake light was out, I did not question it. He asked for my registration and license, which I had just lost, it was a TX license, I am a military Dependant and I am not required to have a calif license or registration. Any way they towed my car away it took me almost a month to get it back and 1000.00 dollars. Funny this was when I got in it I went straight to the car part store bough a new bulb and went to replace the old but out one and to my amazement, they both worked. So I just went on with my life and chalked it up as learn a lesson. Well I did not learn.

This time diffrent car - same cop - pulled me over for the same violation, (I forgot to mention that the cop was coming toward me in the first ticket) so not to sure how he saw my break lights, x-ray vision I guess. Any way He pulled me over and guess what, I did not learn the first time, I registered my other car but what do you know, I just happen to be driving my other car because one was in the shop being worked on and I never drove this one. Well again I was pulled over, and again I was told that it was because of my break light, and again my car was sent to the pound. I did not check it while he was there but I went to the pound and did just to see, and to my amazement I still have an unused light bulb. The car is still in the pound, I have 10days to contest it, I took pictures of the tail light and they both work. But he never wrote on the ticket what I got pulled over for. If I was pulled over for a tail light not working and it does work is that entrapment. I am assuming that I was pulled over because I have TX license plates. I know I am not in the right for not having my car registered, does it make it right for a Cop to LIE about the reason he pulled you over.

Thanks
v/r

Entrapment?

Q: If I was pulled over for a tail light not working and it does work is that entrapment?

A: NO.

Generally, "entrapment" is the use of a trick or deception to inducing a person to commit a crime they otherwise wouldn't commit in order to secure their prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back