wrongful suspension

bibiheath

I was suspended today I work for a trucking company I enroll drivers and employees into medical insurances one of our drivers is out on medical leave and has not come into pay there premiums. The owner of the company was just told by the accounting department they have been paying her premiums for her for a year now and she has not been come in to pay and I was blamed for it. What are my rights?

You have the right to cooperate with the investigation and to file for unemployment if you are fired. This may or may not be an unfair suspension but it is not a wrongful (illegal) suspension.

I was suspended today I work for a trucking company I enroll drivers and employees into medical insurances one of our drivers is out on medical leave and has not come into pay there premiums. The owner of the company was just told by the accounting department they have been paying her premiums for her for a year now and she has not been come in to pay and I was blamed for it. What are my rights?

You have the RIGHT to hire yourself an attorney.
You have the RIGHT to remain silent.
You have the RIGHT not to incriminate yourself.
You have the RIGHT to seek new employment.
You have the RIGHT to apply for unemployment.
That about sums it up.

Thank you for your reply. Just a side note the person on question has not been released by there Dr. To come back to work and I have notified this person various times she needed

Thank you for your reply. Just a side note the person on question has not been released by there Dr. To come back to work and I have notified this person various times she needed

The less you say, the better off you will be.
That RIGHT to remain silent may cost you a job, but you'll still be FREE.
Depending on who did what and when, this could very easily turn into a criminal probe.

In regard to you, I don't see this as an illegal suspension. As noted; if you are terminated, file for unemployment ins. The state will decide if you qualify. Even if the suspension is unfair, unfair doesn't always equal illegal. Sorry.

Doesn't matter that she hasn't been released to come back to work. Doesn't matter how many times you told her to come in and pay. If it was your job to collect and you didn't, then you cost the company money.

Back