Wrongful suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

gehill3257

I obtained a driver's license in Alaska on 04/12/2012 after moving from Virginia. I passed all tests and surrendered my valid VA driver's license and received a valid AK license. My VA license had to be valid when I surrendered it to get a valid license in AK. The VA DMV shows my license issued from there is now suspended. I have not had a VA license in two years. Can they suspend a driver's license I don't have?

I obtained a driver's license in Alaska on 04/12/2012 after moving from Virginia. I passed all tests and surrendered my valid VA driver's license and received a valid AK license. My VA license had to be valid when I surrendered it to get a valid license in AK. The VA DMV shows my license issued from there is now suspended. I have not had a VA license in two years. Can they suspend a driver's license I don't have?

Apparently, you answered your own question.

The why needs to be addressed to the licensing authorities in teh state that took your privileges away.

Most of the time, unpaid fines, bench warrants related to unanswered traffic tickets, and even things not traffic related can cause a drivers license to be suspended or revoked. If you owe unpaid taxes, child support, other assessments, they can cause one to lose their DL.

Here is the VA drivers license site,. You can investigate why YOUR license was suspended. You can write, snail mail, or email your questions.:

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/drivers/#reinstate.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back