1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Wrongful dismissal of a court case

Discussion in 'Alternative Dispute Resolution' started by Samuel Rooks, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Samuel Rooks

Samuel Rooks Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Michigan
    I was asked to appear to court regarding my accident I was involved in because I was slammed into. They only gave me a notice to appear for the hearing against the driver but when I went into court they sent me into a court room and signed me in but I found out it was for a ticket I received for not having my permit at the time of the incident. But the problem is that they scheduled the hearing against the driver who hit me as well as this ticket date on the same day and time and because I was not in the court room it was dismissed. How can I sue the court for doing this injustice against me.

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

You can't.

Besides, the outcome of the citation is not likely to have anything to do with any insurance claim you might have against the other driver.

3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

Agree, you can't. If the other party was at fault, then the ins. cos. should come to that determination.