Wrong person, right pics on red light ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuderia

Hello. I live in California. I just got a ticket for failing to stop at a red light. I was turning right and didn't stop fully "Cali stop". Anyways, the guy in the pics is me and that is my car I'm driving. The address they mailed the ticket to is also correct, but the person named in the ticket is not. This person and I share the same First and Last names, but the middle names are wrong. Furthermore, the driver license number is wrong, as is the age, DOB, height, and weight. This is guy is twice my age, and half my physical size.

Here's what the CA VC has to say about this.

40518. (a) Whenever a written notice to appear has been issued by a peace officer or by a qualified employee of a law enforcement agency on a form approved by the Judicial Council for an alleged violation of Section 22451, or, based on an alleged violation of Section 21453, 21455, or 22101 recorded by an automated enforcement system pursuant to Section 21455.5 or 22451, and delivered by mail within 15 days of the alleged violation to the current address of the registered owner of the vehicle on file with the department, with a certificate of mailing obtained as evidence of service, an exact and legible duplicate copy of the notice when filed with the magistrate shall constitute a complaint to which the defendant may enter a plea. Preparation and delivery of a notice to appear pursuant to this section is not an arrest.

(b) A notice to appear shall contain the name and address of the person, the license plate number of the person's vehicle, the violation charged, including a description of the offense, and the time and place when, and where, the person may appear in court or before a person authorized to receive a deposit of bail. The time specified shall be at least 10 days after the notice to appear is delivered.

This doesn't state that the DL number has to be correct, but it does state that the citation must contain my name. The name on the citation is L Alonso Vega H, my name is L Arturo H. I was planning on arguing that the citation is in violation of the above VC, and that it must thrown out. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back