Wrong name on the traffic citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRNO1

I live in Florida, where I was pulled over for speeding I was borrowing my father truck that day, he and I share the same fist and last name but have different middle names. After I was stopped I gave the deputy my license, insurance and registration for the truck. However he issued the ticket under my father name, birthday and driver license number. I tried to contact the deputy via Clerk of Courts and through his office as well to see how this matter could be resolved, to date I have not heard back from the deputy in anyway. My question is could I have this ticket dismissed based on the fact that the deputy issued it to the wrong person (who was not in the truck at the time of the incident) As well as have it dismissed for failure of the deputy to not try to amend this issue before it had to be brought to court. If anyone has advice I'm all ears

TR-NO-1 said:
I live in Florida, where I was pulled over for speeding I was borrowing my father truck that day, he and I share the same fist and last name but have different middle names. After I was stopped I gave the deputy my license, insurance and registration for the truck. However he issued the ticket under my father name, birthday and driver license number. I tried to contact the deputy via Clerk of Courts and through his office as well to see how this matter could be resolved, to date I have not heard back from the deputy in anyway. My question is could I have this ticket dismissed based on the fact that the deputy issued it to the wrong person (who was not in the truck at the time of the incident) As well as have it dismissed for failure of the deputy to not try to amend this issue before it had to be brought to court. If anyone has advice I'm all ears

The deputy isn't required to correct the citation.

But, the prosecutor will.

You won't get it dismissed by saying it was issued incorrectly.

The state will amend it at trial, unless you plead guilty beforehand.

But, why not take an online traffic school?

That will fix everything and you will avoid a conviction.

Traffic school is easier and cheaper than anything else you can do!!!

You will need to show up to court and explain it, and in doing so ask for traffic school.
You can't do traffic school as long as the citation is in your father's name... it first needs to be corrected.
If you don't get it corrected then obviously your father will have a mess on his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back