Consumer Fraud wrong flooring

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My friend has a small flooring business and purchased from a CA manufacturing company which client wanted to use. He then ordered the bamboo samples which cost 250 UPS delivery and ordered what client chose. Over 42 boxes arrive..all labeled the same order number ...and exact information. .yet after his workers have already begun to lay the wood...he realizes the pieces are not matching up. He stops the job and sends me an image..they are two different types of bamboo ir wood for sure. Client is on his side..yet he calls president of comp. Who claims he can't do anything without the physical pieces of wood in his hand..also telling my friend there is nothing he could do about the open boxes...I know my friend has legal rights over this comp. What is your advice...I'd appreciate it.

Your friend has a claim against the company. I can understand that the company wants to see the pieces themselves and wants them to be shipped. So your friend should send them over to the tile company, ASAP. The open boxes are not an issue because the tiles aren't compliant (if this is the case.) And obviously the boxes must be opened to determine that they aren't compliant and matching up. This issue is pretty simple and the company seems willing to respond provided they merely are sent the tiles to ensure that the situation is what your friend says it is regarding the defective product.

No need to contact and pay for an expert when an easier and less expensive remedy is at hand, such as the parties easily settling an obvious issue between themselves. Could have been a mistake somewhere on the seller's side and cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back