Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant wrong color house in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemo554m

On December 22nd 2007 at 1:00 pm I pulled up to my mother's home in my work vehicle, while exiting my vehicle the special task force handcuffed me and detained me. Then they walked me about 60 yards to my mother's home which I do not live at and informed me that they had found a meth lab in her garage which I had no access to which uses a remote control for access. The task force also informed me they had been looking for me for nearly one year, as they stated their sole job is to locate past health and safety code offenders as they are a special task force unit for health and safety. I responded by informing them that the items they had found in the garage were items I had found during my employment which I am a subcontractor who services donation bins. I am responsible for the removal of all items in and around these bins. Two weeks prior to this event my 24 foot bobtail truck broke down and I had to remove the items in my truck so it could be taken to a service garage to be repaired. My mother offered the use of her garage to store the property of my employer until the truck was repaired. Two days later I had rented a truck to continue working. Due to the fact I had no access to the garage the items were left in the garage which lead up to this incident.
I was arrested, taken to jail, and posted bail the next day. When returning to my mother's residence she informed that the search warrant had the wrong description. On the search warrant was my mother's address with a description stating the color of the house as being yellow with a yellow front door. My mother's house color is peach with a green door. My mother stated by observing the search warrant she felt they had changed the address on the search warrant.
I do own a home which is five miles away and fits the decription of the home on the search warrant which was never searched. I feel the search warrant was initially produced for my home. Although the address had been changed on the warrant to reflect my mothers address, so that their search and seizure would be legal.
My question is: Is the search warrant valid due to the wrong description of house?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back