Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft wrong address & civil demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleadguilty

I was caught shop-lifting today in a food retail store in Houston, Texas. The merchandise was worth $12. no police was called. The security, however, said that it will reflect in their shop records and issued a trespass notice. When I asked how long I am prohibited into the store, he said 'may be an year and a half'. He also showed me the computer screen where he did not enter the expiration date of the trespass notice. Since I moved recently, I gave him my new address when I was asked for. During his paper work he noted down details from my driver's license which contained my old address. My questions now are

1. I have no intention of going into the store ever. But I just want to know how long am I not allowed into the store. No where was it mentioned in the paper that he gave us to sign.

2. I am doubtful if the security wrote down my present address. He took it down on a sticky note. What if the civil demand is sent to the wrong address? I know I will get into a deep mess if I fail to pay the fine. Can I ask my husband to go to the store and verify if the address is correct?

I don't want to end up in more trouble. Please tell me what I should do...

1. I have no intention of going into the store ever. But I just want to know how long am I not allowed into the store. No where was it mentioned in the paper that he gave us to sign.
Call them they can look it up

2. I am doubtful if the security wrote down my present address. He took it down on a sticky note. What if the civil demand is sent to the wrong address? I know I will get into a deep mess if I fail to pay the fine. Can I ask my husband to go to the store and verify if the address is correct?
Again call them to see if mailing address is corerct. If not ask for the phone number to the civil recovery service they use so you can contact them with correct info

I don't want to end up in more trouble. Please tell me what I should do...
pleadguilty
No you contact a Lawyer and find out what your options are pleading guilty is like writing a blank check

I think I know the store you got caught at. It is a national grocery chain and you will get a civil demand. I would contact the store manager or LP and correct the address on file. Or you can ask for the number to their civil recovery department. You lucked out with no criminal charges. Pay your fine, obey the trespass and steal no more. The LP for this chain travel store to store, so even if you go to another location, you can be spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back