writing an Appeal Opening Brief

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickT916

im currently at the stage of writing an opening brief, i have been dealing this with right turn on red camera ticket for almost a year now, im trying to do everything i can to fight it. Basically im now at the final stages of when i write the opening brief, the other side writes a reply to my opening brief, and then i write a final reply and then the judge decide on the final judgment.

here is what my brief kinda looks like, i was wondering if anyone maybe has something to add, i couldnt find any laws to back up my statements, is there such laws that the officer is obligated to provide certificates and other papers, when asked by the defendant? What about a law about the judge assisting the other side during the case? Basically ill be taking my chance with my opening brief and hoping the other party doesnt reply, without any laws to back my brief up, seems like thats the only way i might win this appeal. any suggestions please?

SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA
County of Sacramento
720 Ninth Street Room 101
Sacramento, CA 95814-1380
(916)874-5403
vs. )
NICK XXXXXXXXXXXX ) NOTICE OF APPELLANTS
Defendant/Appellant ) OPENING BRIEF

DISTRICT ATTORNEY NICK XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Attn: Writs & Appeals 6925 XXXXXXXXXXXX DR
901 G Street XXXXXXXXXXXX, CA XXXXX
Sacramento, CA 95815

Notice of Appeal was filed for the following reasons.

-Officer did not present a city permit for the camera after being asked by the defendant.

-Office did not present the paperwork to show when the camera was installed when asked by the defendant

-Officer failed to provide a valid permit of certificate to be able operate and review the Red light camera system.

-When the defendant asked for such paperwork from the officer directly, the Judge in this case stepped in and asked the Defendant to provide evidence that the officer needs to provide such paperwork as evidence, therefore, the Judge assisted the officer with this case and thus removing himself from an impartial Judge. By doing so the Judge violated the Defendants rights.

-Officer J.Schafinst Badge #285 was not the officers at the scene during the alleged violation, thus being the witness againt the Defendant in court without any paperwork or certificates asked by the Defendant, makes this officer illegible to be a witness against the defendant in this case.

CONCLUSION

With the information given and the way this case was handled, the Defendant asks for the case to be dismissed, due to lack of needed information asked to be provided by the Defendant and the fact that the Judge assisted the officer in this case during the Defendants cross examination, and removing himself from an impartial Judge and Violating the Defendants rights.

NICK XXXXXXX

Follow the link!

Nick:

This is an actual appellant's brief with an exact subject matter as yours which is a Red Light Camera case, albeit it is from a Superior Court's decision to the California Court of Appeals. But you will have a very good idea of what you need to argue about and on what basis.

I thought this might be more useful to your case than just a two-line answer and here is the site I suggest you visit:

www.highwayrobbery.net/TrcDocsAppealFischettiBriefOpen.pdf

You have got some writing to do; Good Luck!

fredrikklaw

Nick- You might be in over your head on this. If you don't submit your documents in the proper format the court could reject them.

From what you said above, I am wondering if you subpoenaed the documents you were asking the officer for? That might be what the judge was referring to.

You have an uphill battle to fight. If it really means that much to you it might be wise to utilize legal counsel... they might even be able to advise you if this is worth attempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back